Monday, February 2, 2015

Uganda for Kids

As a mother of young children, I enjoy looking for ways for my kids to connect with kids overseas, especially with our family overseas. My kids are growing up learning the names of the kids we sponsor through Compassion and the kids who are a part of SNH! My hope is the my kids will grow up with a passion for God that overflows into love and care for others.

My desire is to share on the SNH blog ways that you can help your kids connect with the SNH kids in Uganda! I will be posting on various topics and activities that will be of interest to kids of all ages (and adults too, I hope!). We also hope to collect all these posts through a page on SNH. So keep your eyes out for that addition to this blog.

One resource I'd like to introduce you do, although it is through Compassion International and not SNH, is the Step Into My Shoes program about Uganda. This program follows a family in Uganda and how they live! What better way to learn about Uganda than to follow along with a family? I am doing this program with my little ones right now and blogging about it here.

Keep checking back for new topics to help your kids learn about Uganda! And if you have a specific topic you would like to learn about, please comment below.






About Hannah Hinojosa...Hannah is a long time Compassion sponsor (she was Sherinah's sponsor) and writes about her sponsorship journey at Because of Shamim. In addition to being a wife and mother, she is a part-time math professor and loves to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...