Friday, February 6, 2015

Meet Holly Caulfield

We would like to introduce you to the SNH staff! So please meet Holly Caulfield, an international board member of SNH, who traveled to Uganda in December to see the ministry in person.



"My name is Holly Caulfield. I am a special education teacher with over thirty years’ experience teaching children with severe/multiple learning challenges in the United States. I hold both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Exceptional Student Education and have worked with individuals, of all ages, struggling with challenges resulting from autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and other genetic conditions, Deafness, vision deficits…Over the years, I have written and presented numerous workshops on such topics as toilet training, augmentative and alternative forms of communication and behavior shaping.

I have been a child sponsor through both large and small organizations for most of my life and have been instrumental in the running of nonprofits/child sponsorship programs since 2003. I like to read, write and spend time with friends. I enjoy traveling, meeting new people and learning about other cultures.

This past December I had the opportunity to make my first visit to Uganda to meet Sherinah Damalie aka Shamim Nakiyemba, Executive Director of Sherinah’s New Hope for Children with Disability Ministry (SNH). The trip came about after I read Sherinah’s story http://sherinahnewhope.blogspot.com/p/sherinahs-story_16.html and started corresponding with her via social media. I was impressed by all I heard and wanted to meet her and the children and families she serves. My goal was to learn all I could about Uganda, SNH and the perception toward and needs of individuals with disabilities in Uganda.

I am both a sponsor with and volunteer consultant to SNH. I am a friend of SNH and a guest blogger. My hope is that my voice and my experience will bring the SNH story to more people so they see the need and feel compelled to support their work.

SNH is a small organization with a big heart. With your help they will make a powerful, positive difference in the lives of children with disabilities in Uganda."

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has”. - Margaret Mead






About Holly Caulfield…Holly is a long time special education teacher, has been a child sponsor for most of her life and has helped run nonprofits/child sponsorship programs for over ten years. In addition to enjoying traveling, meeting new people and learning about other cultures, Holly enjoys reading, writing and spending time with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your story and all about you.. this really nice.. please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...